The Grandparents of Jesus, Saints Anne and Joachim are also considered the patron saints of grandparents. On the 26th of July we celebrate the feast of Saints Anne and Joachim. This day we honour our Grandparents as well.
Grandparents are a family’s strongest foundation. They are the greatest gift your heart will ever know.
Celebrating them is always a pleasure.
What our children need to know-
- Grandparents are the pillars of our faith and that we can learn a lot from them. We need to pray for them too.
- We need to Respect them and all other elderly, spending time with them and praying with them is precious.
- We need to take care of them specially during this time of their life
Here are a few activities to celebrate the feast of Saints Anne & Joachim with our grandparents.
1) Grandparents Day Keepsakes: Fridge Magnet
We could make our child mould the clay (polymer), make two balls of it and place it before their grandparents. Then ask them to press it with their thumbs to get an impression, bake it and then stick a magnet to it. Use it as a fridge magnet to remind us that they are the pillars of faith and that they are the foundation of our family.
2) Gift Handmade Masks to Grandparents
Stitch plain masks and make our children decorate them. Make the children gift one each to their grandparents. This is to ensure that they take care of them and keep them safe. We did flower pattern as I explained that it is through them that our family bloomed. Also that they are weak and they need care.
3) If, possible visit an old age home or send/post to them:
Our family planned a visit to an old age home where we met so many elderly there. We served them toasts and biscuits, prayed with them and took their blessings. We made a card with a hand outline to show that we are here to help when they need us.
4) Celebrate with Grandparents the Feast of Saints Anne & Joachim
As the feast is on the 26th of this month we will bake brownies. This is to celebrate with them the beautiful bond of love and blessings. You could likewise try anything simple enough for your children to make for their grandparents too.
Would be wonderful to see the things you do with your children to commemorate the feast of Saints Anne & Joachim.
Do remember to celebrate the feast of the Precious blood with your children as the month of July is dedicated to the most Precious Blood of Jesus
Thanks to contributions from Anisha Matthias.