How to Introduce Scripture to Kids, Age 0-3
- How to Introduce Scripture to Kids, Age 0-3
- Introduce Scripture to Kids, Ages 3-7
- Introduce scripture to Kids: Age 7-10 years
Do you ever wonder how to introduce Scripture to little ones?
In this series we will cover some Age-wise suggestions.
0-3 years old (Infant and Toddler)
- Read: Kids this age will not remember details of stories or the message. They will remember how they felt when they were hearing it. Reading scripture sitting on your lap, listening to your soothing voice, while they look at colorful pictures is definitely a memory to cherish. The Bonus of learning vocabulary, calming down, and getting your kid hooked onto books definitely makes this the best activity for this age range.
- Action Songs: Singing, Moving, Waving arms and Dancing. What else could be more fun for an Infant?
- Sensory activities: Water, food and toys, all put in a bin together to do as they please. This is toddler heaven. Definitely something to use when you want them to experience something hands on. For example; Every day of the creation story or Moses parting the Red Sea or seeds that fall in different terrains.
- Singing scripture: Just like lullabies, bible verses and psalms can be used to sing to your child. And soon enough you will see them imitating you and trying to join in. As they learn to talk, what joy if they start with scripture.
Get a compiled list for all ages here, to inspire you .
If your child is 3+, subscribe to our weekly worksheets in the theme of the Sunday Eucharist to keep your child engaged and involved.